Useful Links & Partner Agencies
- ADDENDUM 1 - DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF 190KM OF THE KALABO – KALONGOLA – SITOTI
- ADDENDUM No 1 - TENDER FOR THE DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF THE KALABO – KALONGOLA – SITOTI ROAD
- ADDENDUM No 1 - CONSTRUCTION WORKS TO UPGRADE THE SOLWEZI TO KIPUSHI ROAD
- ADDENDUM No 1 - CONSTRUCTION WORKS TO UPGRADE THE LUWINGU TO CHABA ROAD
FIRST LADY COMMENDS RDA FOR FACILITATING...
First Lady Es...
KAWAMBWA – MUSHOTA – LUWINGU ROAD WO...
WORKS ON PEDICLE ROAD PROGRESS
REHABILITATION OF CHINGOLA-SOLWEZI ROAD...
Dumping of g...
MONGU – KALABO ROAD WORKS PROGRESS
Newly paved s...
Welcome to the Road Development Agency | Corporate Website
Welcome to the Road Development Agency Website. On this site you will find information about our organization, our objectives, mission and vision. The Road Development Agency is a statutory Institution created through the Public Roads Act No. 12 of 2002 to provide for the care, maintenance and construction of public roads in Zambia.
Our Vision: To be the leading Road authority in Africa that is providing a world class Road Network in Zambia
Our Strategic Mission is to provide a World Class Road Network that supports socio-economic growth in Zambia through:
- Professional, Competent and Motivated Staff
- Innovative funding models for road infrastructure
- cutting edge designs & Construction Methods
- Strategic alliances with Proficient Service Providers & Stakeholders
- Effective usage of Research & Development and Information Communication & technology
- Friday, 17 July 2015
- Lukundo Mukonda
Dumping of gravel on diversion
Newly constructed diversion
The full rehabilitation of the 168km Solwezi-Chingola road by China Geo Engineering Corporation Southern African Limited and Buildcon Investments Zambia Limited has commenced.
In order to expedite the works, the project has been dived into three Lots or sections. Lot 1 is being undertaken by China Geo covering 60 kilometers, Lot 2 by Buildcon Limited covering 40 Kilometers and Lot 3 by China Geo covering 68 kilometers. The scope of work involves full rehabilitation of the existing road pavement which has deteriorated over the years.
Apart from construction of the diversions, the establishment of offices and accommodation for project staff by the two Contractors is also under way. And RDA Regional Manager, Eng. Ziko Banda who is supervising Lot 1 is happy that the contractor has mobilised and commenced some works which mostly comprise clearing and grabbing.
The rehabilitation of the Chingola - Sowlezi road will be implemented in a period of 24 months at a cost of over K1 million.